During last month, I contemplated what I could do in the new year on my search for me. I normally follow a couple of blogs (I love Google Reader) with many themes: financial, adventure or enlightening as well as of course, some of my personal friends.
One that I came across, that was referenced in an entry, was Olivia Raymer’s 101 Things in 1,001 Days . This blog follows her quest for completion of her goals throughout almost 3 years. I love the idea: the idea of commitment and setting an aim or a goal to complete during a certain period of time. I do love the idea, but I really have to work on the commitment aspect of the goal.
So! In ode to a new year, I decided to ‘adapt’ Ms. Raymer’s idea of 101 Things, and create my own list: “30 Things in 2013“. My list is for me; things I want to do this year! Duration 1 year. Let the challenge begin 😉
Here goes (in no particular order):
30 Things in 2013
1. Exercise / Keep Fit
2. Do Yoga
3. Complete Scuba Diving Course
4. Be a Local Tourist in Trinidad/Tobago
5. Take a Business course or Project management course
6. Research / look into starting a business/side project
7. Bring packed breakfast to work each day, for at least 1 month
8. Try a new Restaurant each Month
10. Host a Dinner Party – where I cook
11. Go on a real date
12. Make a new friend
13. Donate my hair to Locks of Love
14. Partake in a Service Project/Charity event
15. Organize/redecorate Bedroom
16. Sort boxes – throw or organise
17. Treat myself to a spa day every month
18. Get a massage
19. Take a sick day to have a “me day”
20. Start a new Blog, also highlighting this project (2013-01-01, T)
21. Clean up/organize all hard drives/computers/laptops
22. Complete my travel blog – make it up-to-date!
23. Watch all the James Bond movies – in order of production
24. Read all the James Bond books, in order of publication
25. Partake in the 2013 reading challenge on Goodreads.com – Read 30 books in 2013
26. – At least 2 of those books should be from “1001 books to read before you die” list
– At least 2 of those books should be Baha’i books
27. Research and buy a new digital camera (water and or dslr)
THINGS TO LEARN
28. Learn Photoshop
29. Learn/relearn a Language
30. Travel to at least one (1) NEW Place/Country/State/City –
Save 20USD for every completed item;
Donate (to a charity of my choice) 20USD for every incomplete item.
Where possible, take pictures and / or record the completion of an item.
(Adapted from: http://www.poweredbytofu.com/101-things-in-1001-days/ )